24_10

All quiet on the western front.Or all quiet in the dextra auricula.

 I wish I had a penny for every time I've seen bloggers begin ..."It has been quiet on the blogs lately".

Fair cop by TC for accusing me of too much copy and pasting. (Why do we have to drop the 'e'?). English must be a hard language to learn for foreigners. I hear TC saying it has been as hard for me!

I'm half way through my last week of leave. I'm restricted in the quantity of 'outside' work I can do. But I  am pleased with the cleaning and painting I have done to the outside of the house. I have to go to Eastbourne to help a retired doctor clean her apartment this afternoon. Actually she will not be there, and I will use my new ear buds while dusting.(Centre).

They are JBL's. I bought them after I lost one of my Apple earpods (far right). I wasn't that impressed with the Apple ones. Though , as you might expect for $200 (compared to $65) the sound quality was better in the mid to high range, they only had two hour's play time, had too many confusing features and were too small. The JBL's are rated at 8 hours between charges (though I haven't tested this yet) have just enough features, good enough sound,  and have those little 'handles' that make them easier to put in and prevent them falling out so easily. 
I've never bought ear pods to be trendy. Earphone connections for wired types are unsatisfactory. My first ear pods came free with my phone. They were Oppo and good until they melted in my pocket (I wasn't wearing my trousers). I bought a second pair of Oppos half price for $50 and we're good until after much use the battery time of the right one became a few minutes. After much deliberation S said to by a new decent set. Hence the Apples.

Have a blessed day.


6 comments:

  1. Nice 'Holy Kiwi' there. It's an improvement on that 'Holy Seagull'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "After much deliberation S said to by a new decent set."
    Maybe she meant to bypass a new set?

    RBB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight she would have been right.

      Delete
  3. PS ...the kiwi was $40 at Petone Warehouse.

    ReplyDelete