24_09

Sunday

 I went to the vigil Mass last night. The 'Pacific Island' choir was there. I sat close to watch the pianist. He's probably in his late 40s and is extremely good. He plays from memory, obviously improvising a little as he does. I was feeling a little down after the late night yesterday. But after I received Jesus at communion I had a surge of new vigour and joined in the last two hymns full voice!

I saw S's light on at two a.m. After checking on her I went back to bed until 3.30 am. S was awake so I got up and made her a cup of tea and breakfast. 

The forecast is for showers clearing 16C. 

Off now to make breakfast for me and K.

Have fun boys but do not sin.

Oh nearly forgot today's Gospel.

I  liked the first reading for today....

Is 50:5-9a

The Lord GOD opens my ear that I may hear;
and I have not rebelled,
have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me,
my cheeks to those who plucked my beard;
my face I did not shield
from buffets and spitting.

The Lord GOD is my help,
therefore I am not disgraced;
I have set my face like flint,
knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
He is near who upholds my right;
if anyone wishes to oppose me,
let us appear together.
Who disputes my right?
Let that man confront me.
See, the Lord GOD is my help;
who will prove me wrong?

5 comments:

  1. Yes I’ve heard of masochists. They call them ‘subs’ now don’t they Richard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

      Delete
  3. Is 'subs' to do with relief teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not in this country.

    ReplyDelete